Any person witnessing or involved in an accident in a park should
report it to the Park Ranger, Park Manager, or the Parks and Recreation
II. Alcoholic Beverages
The possession of alcoholic beverages is prohibited on park property.
No intoxicated person shall enter or remain in the parks. Frederick
County Parks and Recreation reserves the right to inspect coolers
Tobacco products are prohibited within 50 feet of athletic complexes,
playgrounds, and swimming pool areas.
IV. Animals and
Animals must be kept under control at all times. Pets must be on
leash no longer than six feet. Owners are responsible for cleaning
up after their pets. Pets are prohibited on or within 50 feet of
athletic complexes, playgrounds, and swimming pool areas.
Persons shall not camp or lodge within any park.
VI. Digging or Excavating
Digging or Excavating on park property is prohibited unless written
permission is granted by the Parks and Recreation Director or his
VII. Conduct of Park Visitors
1. No person shall damage, move or remove any park property, either
man-made or natural.
2. No person shall buy, sell or solicit contributions nor distribute
or post handbills, or advertisements.
3. Repairs to vehicles are not allowed in the parks, except in the
case of emergency.
4. Public gatherings, concerts or public entertainment are prohibited.
5. Amplified/Power Assisted Music by Permit Only.
6. No Loitering.
7. Gambling or betting is not permitted on park property.
8. The carrying or discharging of any fireworks, or explosives is
9. Boisterous, riotous, threatening, or indecent conduct or language
shall not be allowed in the parks.
10. Fires are restricted to approved cooking and picnic grills and
must be attended at all times. Fires muste be completely extinguished.
The use of a generator is prohibited unless approved in advance
by the Parks and Recreation Department.
11. Park visitors shall not enter, cross, trespass or disturb adjacent
land or property.
12. Motorized vehicles are restricted to designated roadways and
parking areas. No private vehicles are permitted in maintenance
areas, on maintenance access roads, or on trails.
13. All park roadways are considered public roadways and therefore
are subject to all state and local laws. The speed limit in county
parks is 15 MPH unless posted otherwise.
14. Parking in areas other than those officially designated for
such purposes is prohibited unless directed by park personnel.
15. There shall be no feeding, hunting, molesting, trapping, harassing
or destroying of animals or wildlife in parks.
16. No littering. Use receptacles provided. No person shall place
any litter from any private or commercial properties on any park
grounds or in any park receptacles.
17. Public is restricted from entering the maintenance facility.