Department of Human Resources
Note: Application is required for all position
The successful applicant will:
- Demonstrate an understanding of mathematics, mapping, measuring of dimension and general real estate details;
- Complete data entry for field work or adjustments;
- Maintain a schedule of all reassessment work.
Attributes for the position inlcude:
- High school diploma or equivalent required;
- Experience in the public sector and detailed real estate parcel information preferred;
- Computer skills required, IBM AS400 preferred;
- Must be able to work outside on a regular basis and work independently;
- Ability to work well with co-workers and the general public;
- Have knowledge of Frederick County roads, and/ or ability to locate properties in order to complete data collection;
- Valid driver's license.
Miscellaneous positon information:
- County vehicle will be provided;
- Work entails 28 hours per week, $12.00/hour;
- General county application required; position open until filled.
The successful applicant will:
- Coordinate activities of the Existing Business Development Committee to identify specific industry and general program strategies;
- Manage the Existing Business Call team including scheduling existing business calls, helping to develop and evaluate surveys, developing and executing the necessary follow-up procedures and performing basic analytical research of call team data;
- Manage the business cluster groups (plastics, printing, food processing and metal fabrication) to develop solutions and programs, which address industry-specific issues;
- Manage the Career Awareness Campaign program including scheduling tours of business with students, guidance counselors and local and state officials, develop and evaluate program surveys, performing basic analytical research of survey data;
- Serve as the Commission liaison with community, state and federal organizations/agencies to ensure Winchester-Frederick County industry needs are voiced as well as to locate and energize appropriate resources of industry assistance;
- Maintain community data and statistical information as appropriate, including resource directories, database of information on existing industry in both electronic and paper formats;
- Provides occasional support and back up to the Executive Director in working with business attraction prospects.
Attributes for the position include:
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from an accredited college or university with major course work in business, human resource management, planning or related fields;
- Supervisory practices are desirable along with graduation from the Economic Development Institute preferred;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, prospective clients, business community and industry, City and County officials, Commission members and Call Team members.
Miscellaneous Position Information:
- Salary Range: $44,777.55 - $58,018.30/year (dependent upon qualifications/experience);
- Position is primarily Monday - Friday, can require some evening and weekend hours;
- General County Application must be completed and submitted along with a resume; position open until filled.
Go to Parks website
General Application for County positions
Go to http://www.co.frederick.va.us/human_resources/pdfs/App2_all.pdf for general County application.
Public Safety Positions (Correctional Officer, Deputy Sheriff, Dispatcher & Firefighter)
Go to http://www.co.frederick.va.us/Human_resources/PublicSafety.aspx for Public Safety Positions (Correctional Officer, Deputy Sheriff, Dispatcher & Firefighter).
Was this page helpful?