The following is a listing of the various types of data that Frederick County can provide. The list is broken into general categories.
Some of the data that is available was procured from various Federal and State agencies and is a general representation of the actual data.
Much of the data provided by the County was planimetric data was produced from the 2010 digital orthophotography. The County manages a complete set of planimetric data.
Population and age information that is broken into block units from the 2010 US Census.
- Water features including stream networks and location of ponds and lakes much of which was collected off USGS quad sheets.
- Recreational data features including hiking trails and national forest locations.
- Soils obtained from USDA soils program.
The County Tax Map grid is based on 94 tiles of which 9 makes up one USGS Quad.
USGS Quad sheet grid is made up of 15 sheets:
- Capon Bridge, WV-VA
- Capon Springs, WV-VA
- Boyce, VA
- Glengary, WV-VA
- Gore, VA
- Hayfield, VA
- Inwood, WV-VA
- Middletown, VA
- Mountain Falls, VA
- Stephens City, VA
- Stephenson, VA
- Wardensville, WV-VA
- Winchester, VA
- Civil War information such as battlefields, forts and camps.
- Landmarks represent dwellings or businesses that are older than 50 years old.
Digital orthophotography produced in 2010.
This is made up of current and proposed zoning and agricultural districts. The current zoning includes the following:
- B1 - Business, Neighborhood District
- B2 - Business, General District
- B3 - Business, Industrial Transition District
- EM - Extractive Manufacturing District
- HE - Higher Education District
- M1 - Industrial, Light District
- M2 - Industrial, General District
- MH1 - Mobile Home Community District
- MS - Medical Support District
- R5 - Residential Recreational Community District
- RA - Rural Areas District
- RP - Residential Performance District
Please see Department of Planning and Development for more information.
This data is mostly boundary information including the following:
- County boundary
- City boundaries
- Stephens City
- Community areas: areas in the county where there is a concentration of community
- Virginia state boundary
- Neighborhood boundaries as defined by US Census Department
- Magisterial Districts: political boundaries that Board of Supervisors represents in the local political parties
- Hamlets: point features representing small communities within the county
- Urban Development Area (UDA) boundary: defines the extents of specific development types
School districts within the county are included within this information as well as school locations.
Represents Fire and Police services and coverage areas and station, and other public facility locations.
There are 94 tax maps with in the county and individual sections represent them. Within each tax map section are parcels each of which has a PIN that tells the parcel identification number. By using this information a person could find out the ownership information for an individual parcel.
- Roads: include road names, classes, and address segmentation
- Rail: locates rail roads within the county
- Airport location: includes location of the runway and the airport buffer zones
- SWSA (sewer & water service area) boundary
- County water line locations
- County sewer line locations